Sunday, April 22, 2012

3. Describe your relationship with your parents.

Boy that is such a complicated question. A person's childhood is kind of personal and only shared with the most trusted people in your life. Well, it is to me. I was raised as an only child by a single parent till I was 13. My mother was young when she had me, just 19 years old. When I think about having had a baby at 19 I shudder. My mom really had a lot on her plate at that age. I was so impatient at 19, I graduated high school and went to college when I was 19. My mom had to give birth to me and went straight to work by the time I was 6 weeks old. I sure had it easy. My mother was overworked and stressed and still wanting to be young and party a little. My mom is not the most patient person in the world...I was an extremely sensitive kid. I am super thankful to my mother for providing food and shelter. I do wish we could have had a better relationship. Our relationship now is certainly better since we have our own separate homes and the occasional phone calls where we confirm that we are both doing ok. I never have felt I could really confide in my mother. I can't say there was any time I felt I couldn't TRUST my mother, I trust her with my life. I just don't think I could tell her what I really think about anything. I guess I'm afraid she might judge me for it. She has never given me a reason to feel that way but I just do. Geez that sure was a complicated question....

1 comment:

  1. When I was 19, I still was terrified of boys. I can't imagine having a baby at that age. Your mama is a brave woman!
    It's amazing what a little distance does to improve a relationship, and it makes visiting much sweeter. :)

    ReplyDelete