Saturday, April 21, 2012

2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

1. Bugs.... well anything with an exoskeleton. That does include moths and butterflies. I know they look pretty but every time one flutters by too close to my head I can't help the spastic arm movements and squealing. It started when I was little, about 7 years old or so. We lived near a ditch in the south valley of Albuquerque. Waterbugs they called them. Giant ugly black cockroaches without wings that I can remember parading along the walls and floor when I would get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. I remember counting 3 of them in the bathroom scurrying around my feet searching for a shady spot to hide under the glare of the sudden bright light in the tiny room. eeeek... I also remember when I was in my teens staying with my grandma. I had gotten caught up in a book and had stayed up way into the wee hours of the morning. I heard kind of a scratching sound, so I held my breath and froze straining to hear something. I heard more crackling and envisioned a big roach creeping over and around a plastic shopping bag that must have been it...I also remember sleeping in my grandma's bed and waking up with my grandma whacking a shoe against the bed. I was so mad I just yelled for  her to stop it. She said "es un cucaracha". Yes she was trying to kill a roach next to my sleeping body with her shoe. So...I have a problem with bugs.

2. Flying... Any kind of great height scares me. I'm kind of like a water balloon filled with jello. I just would have a whole lot of time to imagine going splat while falling from a plane.

3. Speaking to people... I've always been weird. Some of the things I say either don't make sense, have nothing to do with the conversation ( I blurt out things sometimes so I won't forget to tell that person when it slips out of my mind) or really don't make sense because I thought the person said something completely different. I hate that look people give when they realize its not worth the time to speak to you. Or someone else will say something and I don't know what the socially acceptable response is supposed to be...so I just look around uncomfortably in the awkward silence....

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...I'm weird, too. That's probably why we are friends. :D

    ReplyDelete